Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dear Scale, I Don't Believe You. Sincerely, Me.

Today, I got on the scale SURE I was going to see a gain. I'd been weighing in off and on (I know, I know...you're not supposed to) to gauge what to expect and I was SURE I'd gained two lbs. At the VERY least, that I'd managed to only maintain last week's weight.

Surprise! The scale said 216 lbs. Liar. I weighed in three times. Liar. No way I lost a pound. Not after the week I had. NO WAY.

So, I fully expect to see a gain next week because I think my scale was just trying to make me feel better. It'd better get its act in gear and start speaking the TRUTH!

Anyway, late post today because, as you know, today was weigh in day AND Easter. Happy Easter to all. I hope you made it through okay. I did not. I ate the ears off my son's rabbit. (sigh) His peanut butter filled chocolate rabbit. And as if THAT wasn't enough to condemn me to some severe hours of Jillian Micheal's Last Chance Workout, I turned around only hours later and ate a caramel Cadbury egg.....God save me. The gym and that wicked woman Jillian are going to be MY life this week.

On a positive note, I finally took the terrifying leap and planted green stuff. Herbs. With all this healthy eating, I'm really getting to love my greens. Unfortunately, lettuce may be cheap and you CAN find green peppers on sale, but herbs basically kick your pocketbook's behind. Every time I buy herbs, I can almost HEAR the grower laughing maniacally as I pay obscene prices for this little tiny plastic package of leaves on worthless stems. So, today, I took the plunge. I planted chives, Italian parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. If I don't KILL them all, I'll be the one laughing as I reap what I've sown. Okay, ever elusive green thumb! Show yourself!  

So, to recap, I'm down a miraculous one pound, I didn't make it through Easter without indulging in absolutely horrible candy, and I've planted myself herbs that I pray to God I can actually grow.

I'm sorry this was so late, but again, I hope you had a blessed Easter and happy Monday, my friends! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment