Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm Still Here

If anyone is reading this, they know I've dropped off the blogger earth for two weeks. The first week I was missing was simply a "whoops!" I got very busy on Sunday and forgot to post anything. Honestly, by the time I remembered, it was Tuesday of the following week and I thought, I'll wait until next week.

That Sunday, the 15th I believe, I lost 2.4 pounds. I was thrilled! It was a good week, but busy. I've been dealing with having my son enter into the evaluation system to discover if his language delay is due to some medical reason or if it's just him taking his sweet time to talk. That week was busy thanks to loads of phone calls and yet another meeting and my own things going on as well. I was just overwhelmed with stuff to do.

Fast forward to the second week I didn't show up. I should have. I probably had a responsibility to post SOMETHING. I didn't lose any weight that week. I was shocked. I'd been OP (On Plan) all week. I hadn't been "bad." I hadn't cheated myself by not measuring or by not tracking snacks or candy or ANYTHING. I'd been amazing in fact. So, I was, well, pissed. And I was in NO mood to post a whiny poor little me post. I came around, though. Eventually, I let it go. In fact, I did more than that.

Since I didn't lose last week, this week I dove into those weekly points that are over and above what you get daily. I even waited until late in the week to do so. I had ice-cream, pizza, Subway, curry and rice (twice!), Doritos, chocolate candy (which I didn't track...). I did this with some trepidation, but also with strategy. I know when you eat with a calorie deficit, your body can get used to only eating that many calories and it becomes very efficient. Sometimes it gets so efficient, it doesn't allow you to burn the fat you're intending to. It's actually a very good system; our bodies are amazing things! However, I don't want my smarty-pants body to get used to burning only those calories. So, I threw loads of calories it's way to jump-start my metabolism. It doesn't always work, but I was hoping for the best.

Getting on that scale this morning was a little scary. I was pleased to see I'd lost 2.2 pounds. It had worked. This week, I'll just play my meals by ear. If I go over my new point limit (30 from 31, due to my new weight), I won't sweat it.

Perhaps I'll start off the week with steak, shrimp, and a baked potato with fat free Greek yogurt and butter. Mmmm.....Yeah, you can eat that and still lose weight. Isn't that wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment