Monday, May 7, 2012

So Close, I Can Taste It

I'm fast approaching "onederland." Onederland is that moment when I can say my weight is ONE something something. This week, I'm within 9 pounds of being able to do that. I'm SO close. Maybe a month or two and I'll be there, if everything goes well. I will celebrate when I get there. I'm not sure how I'll reward myself yet, but I have to. It's been YEARS since I've been ONE hundred and anything.

This week, I lost 2.8 pounds making me 208 pounds. I've still got a long way to go, but every week brings me closer to a healthier weight and a healthier body. This is SO exciting.
This week, I tried a new recipe. My husband, Steve grilled up some salmon that I'd seasoned with salt and pepper. When he flipped the fish, I put on a mixture of fresh herbs (a seafood medley), lemon zest and lemon juice with some olive oil. This created a sort of Lemon Herb Crusted Salmon. It was delish.

My husband had much to celebrate (and what better way than to grill yummy food) because this week, he lost an amazing 6 pounds. For the previous two weeks, he'd gained weight and was frustrated. I convinced him that by not eating his points for the day, he was eating far fewer calories than his body needed. I suggested that he cut out some of the simple carbohydrates he was eating and bump up his protein and fat. In the morning, he ate a breakfast sandwich with one egg, three pieces of real bacon, two sausage patties, and american cheese on an english muffin. EVERY DAY. The rest of the day was packed full of protein and fat with some carbs. I made healthy dinners and he handled managing his lunch. He ate twice or better what I did for dinner. He lost SIX POUNDS! When Weight Watchers says you have 71 Points Plus Points, EAT THEM. He thought he was doing himself a favor by eating 50-60 points a day and he NEVER got to his weekly points allowance. In reality, he was starving his body. That would have been like me eating about 25 points (below the Weight Watchers Points Plus minimum for anyone). I'd starve. My husband NEEDS to eat his daily points value to succeed on this plan. He sees that now.

As for me, my 30 points has been a struggle, but I find I eat a heck of a lot of veggies and fruit (mostly veggies, as I'm not a huge fruit fan). That's not a bad thing, so no big deal. It's better than my old habits of eating half a tub of cookie dough from Papa Murphy's for breakfast or frozen chicken with nothing else for lunch and then ending up really hungry and binging on sweets or chips. I really had some seriously bad habits that I didn't even see until I starting eating right.

Just because you like sweets or junk food, doesn't mean you can't eat right most of the time. I still have chips. I still eat chocolate. I still have strawberry shortcake and cheesecake. I just use my brain to eat in moderation and now those foods are more special. They're a treat rather than my every day indulgence. Everyone can do this. If  I can and my husband can, you can.

Weight Watchers is saving my life and I'm SO grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment