Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting Excited

This week, I easily fit into new/old clothes and I was so excited I wanted to scream. I only lost .4 lbs this last week, but a loss is a loss and I got to reap the rewards. I ironed several shirts that I'd tried on months ago. When I tried them on then, they were so tight, I couldn't even pull them on all the way. I remember feeling SO fat. These were 1X shirts and I was too fat to wear them. Last week, I put them on and they looked great and felt fantastic. No problem. I was THRILLED. I also get into my size 18 jeans (down from a 22) with ease. This has got to be the best part of losing weight right after getting more energy!

This last weekend was Mother's Day and I celebrated. OH did I EVER. It started Saturday morning with homemade biscuits and gravy. Then, I followed that up with taking my mom out to lunch for Mother's Day. It didn't stop there, though. I then went to my in-laws for a Mother's Day BBQ. I ate 57 out of  30 points the day before my weigh-in day. I was surprised I lost .4 lbs. I really didn't expect much, so I was happy. I want to note, the only food splurge planned for that week was the biscuits and gravy. I'd thought about a spa day with my mom, but it turned into lunch and then, at 8:30 in the morning, my brother-in-law called me and wanted to have a BBQ for our mom in the evening. But, that's what I love about Weight Watchers. I'm in charge. And I can eat whatever I want. I just see those results at the end of the week. If I don't eat well, I don't lose as much. And I can get over it, because success isn't a straight line. I'm in this for good. This is my new way of life.

That being said, right now, I am eating with a calorie deficit which means I'm choosing to eat less. I'm choosing to lose weight by eating fewer calories. And, I'm in the process of learning to make BETTER choices. This week, my bathroom mirror is sporting the quote, "No food tastes as good as it feels to get a better health report at the doctor's office." For my husband, this would mean a normal blood pressure and reduced heath risk report instead of potato chips. For me, this means a possible go-head for a VBAC - my dream for my second child -  instead of chocolates. I know I may not ever get a VBAC, but even so, being healthy and THEN getting pregnant means for less risk all around and that IS worth the sacrifice.

That quote also means a lowered risk for type II diabetes, in my case -  a disease that runs in my family and that affected me during my pregnancy with Joshua. How angry will my children be if I end up with diabetes and they find out I never really tried to do something as relatively simple as losing my weight? I can't change my genes. I can't alter my past. But I CAN lose weight...for me AND for my children and their children. What greater gift can I give them than a mom who'll be around and an example of how to live? I can't think of any. It's not just about me anymore and THAT is why I'll succeed.

I hope all you mother's out there enjoyed your special day and I pray that you will live as a shining example for your children. Those of you who are not parents, be that shining example to all of us! We need healthy role models to look up to! I need healthy role models to look up to! lol!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment