Sunday, February 12, 2012

Perhaps we're past body panic...

Well, these last two weeks have been hell. Only in the last two days have I started to wonder if, perhaps, my body is starting to adjust to the new lifestyle.

Right about then, I come down with some wicked kind of face infection - or lymph node swelling - or SOMETHING. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm going to the doctors. Praying that it's something easy to take care of and not serious. And I'm also praying that my answer isn't, "Oh, it's nothing." I hate that answer as it always makes me think, "Oh, nothing? Really. Hmmm. Then, what exactly are the typical symptoms of 'Nothing' and how are they treated? Because, I clearly have it." I mean, seriously?! Does "Nothing" usually cause low-grade fever? Ear aches? Swollen lymph nodes? Facial pain?
Alas, I'm off track. Anyway, I'll go to the Dr. Monday.

The best news I have is that I'm not spending the entire day STARVING. Today, I weighed in at over 8 lbs lighter than when I started and 4 of those pounds were in this last week. I'm feeling loads better about this. I can do this. I CAN succeed. This is an uphill battle, but I will face it head on without FEAR! I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment