Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Been away TOO long!

Okay, so I know I've been away for a long time. I'm really sorry about that. Joshua, my boy, smashed my laptop screen and it had to be shipped to ASUS to be repaired. They repaired it for free and shipped it back, which was awesome. We weren't actually covered by our Accidental Damage Plan, but I was told we were by one of the repair techs and they had it recorded. After some trouble, they said they'd fix it anyway at no cost to us, which is exactly the way good customer service works. I'm happy with the way they handled it and I'm THRILLED to have my laptop back.

So, what's been happening? I've lost a total of just over 40 pounds now. This last week, I ate all of my Weekly Points, over my Daily Points, all of my Activity Points, and then went OVER all of that. I didn't exercise but one time (my training run). I still lost .6 pounds. I was sad, but relieved at the same time. I expected a gain.

I can't remember, at the moment, if I've mentioned my training. I'd really like to run a 5K. So, I'm doing the couch to 5K training. I'm trying to run 3 times a week. Unfortunately, I'm having to drag out the training because my body isn't handling it well. I try to do at least some of the training at the gym so I can track my heart-rate (since I can't find my heart rate monitor). My heart-rate was too high the last time I ran week 4 (?). Whatever week it is, it's doing two sets of 1-1/2 min running, then walking, then 3 min running and walking. On the second set of running 3 min, my heart-rate spiked at almost 180 and I had a nasty heart palpitation (I get them sometimes when I'm overtired too and I've had them checked out by a cardiologist who said my heart is strong and that they're not life-threatening). Even though I know it wasn't a big deal, I knew I was over-exerting. I've backed off to the previous week and when my heart-rate stabilizes at more around 155 or less, I'll drive myself harder again. I'm not comfortable with 178 bpm. So, it might take me more than 9 weeks to get there, but the training isn't the race. I'll get there when I can.

Finally, I have to say, my daily point value has dropped to 28 and I've never before eaten SO many of my weekly points and activity points. I don't even know HOW to eat at 28 points. I just found out that the minimum points for those who are losing was updated to 26. I will drop to 26 points eventually and that freaks me out. I'm gonna have to eat LOTS more veggies. Although fruit is free, I need to keep it at about 3 servings because fruit still has a lot of sugar in it. And, besides, I'm not really a fruit person. I much prefer vegetables. I guess that's a good thing. I'm SO glad they're 0 points with Weight Watchers.

Okay, folks. I'm going to go. I have A LOT to do before we go camping and I gotta get on it. I'll have to miss my weigh-in as I'll be camping and I won't be back until Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll be able to weigh in on Wednesday and get here so I can blog my results!

See you all next week! Until then, stay healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment