Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Birthday Gift - Get to Goal

This week, I celebrated my 32nd birthday. I still managed to lose just over a pound despite the food, the drink, and the lack of working out thanks to much celebration.

I also had a break from my son, some respite, thanks to my parents who watched him for almost 4 days. He had a blast going to two baseballs games (my parents hold season tickets) and playing with my parents several cats and three dogs. Mommy and Daddy got some fun in with a friend from out of town and actually got some serious plumbing done in our bathroom which we have gutted and are remodeling. Until it's finished, we have ZERO shower/bath. We have ONE toilet and ONE sink. Life kinda, well, stinks right now. I feel perpetually filthy.


So, I'm doing okay this week. Managed to lose some weight. I'm feeling a little sweet-tooth-ish. I'm having a hard time NOT grubbing on ice cream and cookies. Those things aren't even in my house and I'm having a hard time avoiding them. It's been tough, but I've handled it okay. 

It was TOM this week and so cramps and bloating was my birthday gift to myself this year. Oh, well. That's life, right? 

Anyway, next year, I think I'd like to give myself a better gift. I think next year, I'd like to reach my goal weight before my birthday. I don't think it's completely unreasonable. If I'd like to lose about 60 pounds, figuring about a pound and a half per week, that's 40 weeks. That puts me in July? I think... Anyway, it's still before my birthday by, like, a month or so. Like I said, I don't think it's totally unreasonable. It doesn't take plateaus into account, but it doesn't take the occasional two or two and a half pound loss weeks into account either. For now, that's my LONG RANGE target. I have a much closer goal to focus on right now.

My next goal is to get under 175 pounds. I haven't been 175 pounds in almost 10 years. Before that, I was that weight my junior year of high school. It's a mental weight loss hurtle I intend to get over.

Okay, so, I'm pooped guys. I'm going to run. See you all next week. Until then, stay healthy, eat right, and move your body!

No comments:

Post a Comment