Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apples - Fruit from Hell

That probably got your attention. Apples. Not. A. Fan. Actually, I like their flavor. I like how easy they are to grab and go. I love slicing them and packing them for snacks.

Unfortunately, they HATE ME. Every single time I eat an apple, shortly after eating it, my stomach begins to cramp up like I'm hungry again. Within minutes, my stomach hurts so bad that I can barely focus on what I'm doing. It's really very uncomfortable.



As you can imagine, this makes the prospect of grabbing an apple on my way out the door, well, less than appealing. I actually have anxiety about eating apples thanks to my adverse reaction.

Okay, so why don't I just NOT eat them?! Why do I keep trying to eat something that tears my stomach apart?! Because I really really like them. I like how they're easy to grab, don't bruise as easy as the other grab and go fruits like bananas and pears. They're sweet and filling. They're fiber rich and SO good for you. Yeah, I love apples. But we're going to have to break off our rather destructive and unhealthy relationship.

Okay, enough apple talk.

What about the weight? I lost ZERO pounds. Nothin'. Nada. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my going on the birth control patch. I have been "snackier" than normal and generally uncomfortable. I haven't really been able to control my appetite this last week and this week isn't shaping up to be much better.

I said that this blog would be honest. I would share the good and the bad, the successes and failures. This week sucked. Losing nothing sucks. I won't pretend to be just fine about seeing no change on the scale. The difference between then (when I've tried diets before) and now (Weight Watchers) is that I'm not going to let this get me down. I'm going to get on track again. I'm going to adjust. I'm going to lose weight again. Maybe not this week or next week, but as long as I don't quit, I'll keep losing. Quitting now would be like quitting a team because I missed one goal, but made the last 40. That would be ridiculous.

So, onward and upward. Off to next week. See you all soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment